‘Dexter’ Comin Again to Showtime for 10-Episode Limited Series!
Dexter is the best TV show you have ever seen indeed. It has you on the edge of your seat almost every season there is a new challenge. It is just excellent, and all the viewers recommend it. Michael hall acting was amazing.
America’s favorite serial murderer is returning to Showtime. It is exploring the replacement of the 10-episode Dexter limited series. The star Michael C. Hall is performing his character as fantastic as he can.
All seasons of Dexter are currently available on Showtime via Showtime on Demand and Showtime Anytime because of the network’s stand-alone service.
He is such a good part of the character in the show. You do think it went on too long, though, after season 5.
The original eight-season run of Dexter premiered within the fall of 2006. It starred:
- Hall as Dexter Morgan, a sophisticated and conflicted blood-spatter expert for the Miami local department who moonlights as a serial murderer.
- Hall may be a six-time Emmy nominee for Outstanding Lead Actor, the last five nominations coming in consecutive years for Dexter’s work.
- He also received five consecutive Golden Globe nominations and 6 Screen Actors Guild for the role, winning both honors in 2010.
- Additionally, Hall received an Emmy nomination for his performance on HBO’s Six Feet Under.
- Phillips earned Emmy and Golden Globe nominations for his work as executive producer and showrunner of Dexter. Phillips has an overall effect on Showtime and CBS Television Studios through which he’s developing projects for both entities. It will air on platforms within or outside the Viacom CBS family.
- Dexter throughout its eight-season run (guest stars John Lithgow and Jimmy Smits were so good). But there’s no doubt that the character didn’t get the send-off he deserved. Moreover, the series finale wasn’t immensely satisfying.
- Phillips and Hall now have the chance to right that creative. Well, wait a while to see what will come in the upcoming ten episodes series this time.
It’s way more laid back. It’s all kind of character development. However, there is no need for season 8 was a thriller and probed the most depressing endings ever. I do think that the writers should do a season 9 and an end.
The official ending leaves you wanting more, and the ending is supposed to make you feel satisfied. Overall thoroughly recommend also it’s been like for six months since finished it.
Clyde Phillips will return as showrunner, and therefore the limited series is about to start production early next year. It will premiere with a tentative premiere date within the fall of 2021.
However, the supporting cast was mentioned and given the last word fate of Dexter’s sister, Deborah Morgan.
It’s unlikely that Jennifer Carpenter would return unless the series incorporates flashbacks. However, one would assume that Yvonne Strahovski will come, seeing how her character Hannah is raising Dexter’s young son, Harrison. He has undoubtedly grown up since the first series finale in 2013.
“Dexter is such a special series, both for its many fans and for Showtime, as this breakthrough show helped put our network on the map a few years ago,” said Showtime president Gary Levine, who announced with Jana Winograd.
“We would only revisit this unique character if we could find an ingenious take that truly deserved the brilliant, original series. Well, I’m happy to report that Clyde Phillips and Michael C. Hall have found it and that we can’t wait to shoot it and show it to the world!”