Amazing Health Benefits of golden turmeric juice
Turmeric is usually used in Asian food and has been known in old Ayurvedic and Chinese medication for more than 4000 years, and now Western researchers are sitting up and taking notice.
Turmeric is often used to color or flavor curry powders, mustards, cheeses, and butter. Besides, turmeric has amazing health benefits; it has a warm, bitter taste.
But the root of turmeric is used widely in medicine which contains a yellow-colored chemical called curcumin, which is usually used to color foods.
Curcumin is the active ingredient that is the reason for that gorgeous golden color. Different countries studied curcumin for its potential health benefits in deflecting cancer and dementia.
Turmeric is a healing herb and a potent superfood that acts as an all-around immunity booster and can ward off various illnesses.
According to Cancer Research UK, there is currently no proof to show that turmeric extends to preventing or treating cancer, but early research has shown promising outcomes.
Research has shown that countries have low rates of certain types of cancer where people eat 100 to 200 mg curcumin a day over a long period.
Cancer Research UK explains several laboratory researches on cancer cells have shown that curcumin does have anti-cancer properties. It seems to prevent more from growing cancer cells and able to kill.
Besides, it has the best effects on bowel cancer, breast cancer, stomach cancer, and skin cancer cells, but more research is needed.
HOMEMADE JAMU (KUYIT ASEM) RECIPE
Jamu is known as a traditional Indonesian herbal drink and uses as a medicine in the form of pills and pastes. If you drink a daily shot of Jamu, it helps to beat the winter blues and dreaded lurgy.
I am sharing the recipe for a homemade golden turmeric health tonic that keeps your body balanced and refreshed.
Fresh turmeric root—3 piece
Tamarind paste—2 tablespoons
Ginger—1 small knob
Lemon juice—2 tablespoons
Fresh coconut water—4 cups
Black Pepper—a pinch
Honey (raw) to taste
- Rinse and clean turmeric and ginger and prepare by peeling and grating (be careful turmeric can stain! wear gloves to prevent the skin and wash chopper board and blender immediately after using it).
- Place chopped turmeric in a small saucepan and cover with regular water. Allow it to a boil and let it simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat when turmeric is soft and the water is set a vibrant orange.
- Then add tamarind paste and stir with a wooden spoon to dissolve.
- Combine fresh coconut water, tamarind mixture, juice of limes, turmeric, ginger, and honey into a blender. Blend properly until the turmeric has well mixed into the liquid. You can sieve this mixture if there are any leftover particles.
- Store Jamu juice in a glass bottle or jar in the refrigerator. You can keep it for 4–5 days. Drink at least one glass per day. It’s an acquired slightly bitter and spicy taste at first sip. You can rapidly feel its potency results if you have it on an empty stomach in the morning.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF TURMERIC IN YOUR FOOD
Turmeric abundantly grows in tropical and subtropical climates. It favors humidity and can also be planted indoors. Its most active compound, curcumin, has many scientifically proven health benefits, such as the potential to prevent heart disease.
If you want to take turmeric for health benefits, add a sprinkle in your food to complement any vegetable dish, such as greens, corn, cauliflower, and onions. Furthermore, you can add it to rice dishes, a batch of scrambled eggs, or chicken for a spark of color and taste.
If you have any turmeric tips and suggestions, you’d like to share with us, please do so in the comments box below.