Interventional cardiologists specialize in treating and diagnosing diseases and conditions of the blood vessels and heart through catheter-based, nonsurgical processes and advanced imaging techniques. As such, they treat congenital heart problems, heart valve diseases, coronary heart disorder, and other such problems. You can use your Bajaj Finserv Health EMI Card benefits to see an interventional cardiologist prevent complications arising from heart diseases.
Table of Contents
Treatments offered by the best cardiologist in Mumbai
Typically, an interventional cardiologist offers the following treatments:
- Evaluation of medical history and educating you about heart diseases and their prevention
- Carries out thorough physical exams including blood pressure, weight, heart, blood vessels, and lungs evaluation
- Interprets and orders imaging and laboratory tests and prescribes medicines
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute diseases affecting blood vessels and the heart, including arrhythmias, angina, and coronary heart diseases.
- Monitors, treats, and screens conditions that increase the risks of heart diseases like high cholesterol, smoking, and hypertension. In case of complicated risks, like having blood sugar, interventional cardiologists offer referrals to specialists like endocrinologists.
- Carries out procedures like coronary angioplasty and cardiac catheterization
- Works with the primary care physician and other healthcare specialists to offer optimal care
Interventional cardiologists are also known as cardiac doctors, cardiologists, and cardiovascular disorder doctors.
Do you need to visit the best cardiologist in Mumbai?
A primary care physician has the responsibility to look after your general health and manage the multiple risk factors related to heart diseases, like hypertension and high blood pressure. Your primary care physician will refer you to interventional cardiologists when they suspect serious blood vessels or heart problems like an arterial blockage.
Getting in touch with experienced and qualified interventional cardiologists for preventive care or early treatment is a way of reducing the risk of fatal complications, disability, and permanent heart problems.
When to use Bajaj Finserv Health EMI Card benefits for the interventional cardiologist
You need to get in touch with an interventional cardiologist when:
- Changes in the electrocardiogram test show blockages in your coronary artery
- You have heart diseases that need special care, like heart valve disorders, heart attack, and unstable angina
- You require special heart procedures like angioplasty, heart valve repair, and cardiac catheterization
An interventional cardiologist will diagnose patients suffering from the given conditions:
- Dizziness and nausea
- Shortness of breath
- Palpitations and feeling like the heart’s racing
- Chest pain that spreads to the jaw, neck, arms, and shoulders
If you notice any of these symptoms, get in touch with your nearest hospital right away. When you’re in the hospital, you will be checked on emergency and an interventional cardiologist will be contacted if it is suspected that you have a condition that needs special procedures.
Diseases and conditions treated by interventional cardiologists
Interventional cardiologists treat and diagnose heart conditions and disorders of the blood vessels, such as:
- Angina: A kind of chest pain originating from arterial narrowing due to coronary heart diseases
- Arrhythmia: Abnormal heart rhythm, i.e., the heart beats irregularly, too slow, or too fast
- Cardiomyopathy: Enlargement or weakening of the heart muscles
- Congenital heart disorders: Disorders present at birth, such as patent foramen ovale and atrial septal defect
- Heart attack: Myocardial infarction resulting from oxygen deprivation in a part of the heart muscle
- Heart failure: It occurs when the heart feels too weak for pumping enough blood to the body
- Heart valve disorders: Valve abnormalities affecting the blood flows through the heart
- Myocarditis: Heart inflammation
Tests performed or ordered by interventional cardiologists
Interventional cardiologists can perform or order a range of screening and diagnostic tests, such as:
- Cardiac enzyme tests for determining any damages to the heart
- Cardiac stress tests for determining whether the blood supply to the heart has reduced due to coronary heart disorders
- Echocardiogram or ultrasound to check the function and structure of the heart
- Electrocardiogram for recording the heart rhythm and checking for abnormalities
- Holter monitor for recording heart rhythms over a specific time period
- General health tests like hypertension screening, thyroid hormone tests, cholesterol panel, kidney and liver function tests, glucose tests, chest x-ray, urinalysis, and CBC (complete blood count)
If you feel any discomfort or mild pain in the heart, do not ignore it. Get in touch with a well-reputed interventional cardiologist and get checked.